The Learning Assistance Project (LAP) sponsored the 1st Annual Inland Empire Supplemental Instruction Conference (IESI) at Riverside City College. This conference began as a grass-roots effort by Inland Empire colleges and universities that support their students with Supplemental Instruction programs. The goal of the conference was to share information among Supplemental Instruction supporting staff, faculty, administration, and especially SI Leaders to promote the collective success of programs and the wonderful stories from the students who benefit from their assistance. The conference keynotes were presented by Mark Manasse, 3CSN LAP Co-Coordinator and San Diego Mesa College Tutor Coordinator as well as Andrew MacNeill, Dean of Humanities and Acting Dean of Learning Resources and Academic Support at San Diego Mesa College. The conference also offered an opportunity for tutors, faculty, and staff to present on various topics, including SI Best Practices, SI Research Assessment, Innovation in SI Collaborative Learning, Professional Learning, and Student Success Strategies. Participants from over 30 community colleges and universities were in attendance.
1st Annual Inland Empire Supplemental Instruction Conference (Sat 10/22/16)
- A Conversation with John Hetts
- Introduction to Habits of Mind for Student Success
- Lessons in Leadership: How a Networked Community of Practice Model Builds the Faculty and Staff Capacity Needed to Foster Institutional Transformation
- Equity CoP: Introduction to Culturally Responsive Teaching and Learning
- San Diego Imperial Valley Regional Network Kick-Off Event