Jan Connal conducted an Introduction to Habits of Mind event at San Diego City College where participants from San Diego Mesa College, San Diego Miramar College, Cerritos College, San Diego Continuing Education, and Southwestern College learned about key Habits of Mind that students need to succeed in college, their career pursuits and their lives. The group was introduced to the educational theory behind Habits of Mind and then together explored the ways these Habits support a student’s sense of direction, focus, engagement and connection. Participants also collaborated with others to develop classroom and workplace practices that could build these Habits and show students that they are valued, supported and cared about.
Introduction to Habits of Mind for Student Success
- A Conversation with John Hetts
- 1st Annual Inland Empire Supplemental Instruction Conference (Sat 10/22/16)
- Lessons in Leadership: How a Networked Community of Practice Model Builds the Faculty and Staff Capacity Needed to Foster Institutional Transformation
- Equity CoP: Introduction to Culturally Responsive Teaching and Learning
- San Diego Imperial Valley Regional Network Kick-Off Event