To kick off the academic year, SDIVN Region Basic Skills Coordinators came together at San Diego Mesa College after the Introduction to Culturally Responsive Teaching and Learning Workshop. To support the growth of emerging basic skills leadership, coordinators were asked to bring colleagues interested in learning more about 3CSN, the Basic Skills Initiative, and the role of campus coordinators. Participants came from 7 region campuses: San Diego City College, San Diego Mesa College, San Diego Miramar College, Grossmont College, San Diego Continuing Education, Palomar College, Imperial Valley College, and we were excited to be joined by coordinators from Moreno Valley and Butte Colleges. Coordinators were introduced to the Region’s logic model and provided their feedback. Plans for a “Pop-In” program that would enable coordinators to visit Basic Skills Initiative Committee meetings at different campuses in the region were discussed.
San Diego Imperial Valley Regional Network Kick-Off Event
- A Conversation with John Hetts
- 1st Annual Inland Empire Supplemental Instruction Conference (Sat 10/22/16)
- Introduction to Habits of Mind for Student Success
- Lessons in Leadership: How a Networked Community of Practice Model Builds the Faculty and Staff Capacity Needed to Foster Institutional Transformation
- Equity CoP: Introduction to Culturally Responsive Teaching and Learning